Downtown Office Market Study
In 2014, DSP commissioned Mering Carson for a research study of Downtown Sacramento’s office market to understand strategic advantages, and opportunities.The 3-phase research project analyzed the perceptions of 3 different audiences (1) Property Owners & brokers (2) downtown employees (3) key decision makers of businesses around the region.
- Downtown is perceived as the region’s business hub where everything intersects, which makes it appealing to office tenants. It has a central location, has a highly charged energy and vibe, where important business deals and development activity is happening. It’s also an inherently social networking district.
- Downtown’s live/play appeal supports demand for the office market.
- The arena is helping buoy interest in working (and living downtown)
- There is a desire in the market for multi-modal transportation.
- There is much potential for Class B & C office spaces to attract companies seeking creative, funky, open offices.
For more information, please contact Valerie Mamone-Werder at [email protected].
CORE VALUES: Why American Companies are Moving Downtown
In 2015, Smart Growth America and Cushman & Wakefield released a report that surveyed nearly 500 companies that moved to or expanded in walkable downtowns between 2010 and 2015, and includes interviews with more than 40 senior-level staff at those companies.
The report, Core Values: Why American Companies are Moving Downtown, provides an overview of why these companies chose a walkable downtown and what they looked for when considering a new location. The report also provides ideas for cities about how they can create the kinds of places these companies seek.