Highly recognizable in their yellow and black uniforms, the Downtown Guides act as downtown good-will ambassadors, providing visitors with directions and assistance while also acting as “eyes and ears” for local law enforcement agencies to control nuisance behavior. Downtown Guides patrol downtown streets seven days a week. They assist with reporting criminal and nuisance activity and work with law enforcement to improve public safety downtown. On an annual basis, the guide team makes an average of 20,000 merchant contacts and provide directions and assistance over to 18,000 downtown pedestrians.
- Direct and assist visitors
- Serve as eyes and ears for local law enforcement
- Document and report graffiti
- Deter aggressive panhandling
- Deter drinking in public
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 6 pm
- Friday– Sunday: 8 am – 8 pm
To request Guide service within the Downtown District, call 916-442-2200.