County Permitting Made Easy
Trying to navigate your way through the County permitting process? Look no further, Sacramento County has resources available that take the guess work (and stress) out of environmental management compliance and health department regulations.
One-On-One – The Business Environmental Resource Center (BERC) is a FREE one-stop-shop permit assistance center to help Sacramento County businesses understand and comply with federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
The free service provides the following resources:
- Free and confidential environmental and non-environmental compliance consultations to businesses including possibilities for minimizing or avoiding adverse impacts of environmental regulation.
- Business Advocate services such as ombudsman/facilitation activities and acting as a liaison with regulatory agencies to advocate within government for effective environmental regulation.
- Educational outreach to businesses through the creation of technical fact sheets, guidance documents, seminars and workshops.
- Promotion of Pollution Prevention (P2) practices at businesses.
- Administration of programs that benefit the environment while also improving quality of life such as the Brownfields and Sacramento Sustainable Business Programs.
For more information and resources provided by BERC click here.
Monthly Workshop: Get the latest information on topics that affect you and your business at the Environmental Management Department working group every third Tuesday of every Month, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, at the EMD office: 10590 Armstrong Ave, Mather, CA 95655.
The workshop will discuss:
- Food safety issues related to the retail food industry.
- New laws and proposed legislation.
- Provides a forum for feedback about the EMD inspection program.
For more information and resources visit EMD online at www.emd.saccounty.net
For additional business assistance, contact DSP Senior Manager of Business Development Valerie Mamone-Werder at 916.442.8575 or [email protected]