Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market Returns June 18
(June 17, 2020) – Downtown Sacramento’s favorite seasonal Certified Farmers’ Market returns to Capitol Mall beginning Thursday, June 18, 2020. Just in time for returning downtown workers and visitors coming, the market will provide al fresco lunch dining with hot lunch options from an array of Sacramento’s most popular food vendors next to local farmers selling fresh, regionally grown food. Local hot food vendors will include rotating food trucks and new this year, downtown favorites like Kodaiko, Koja Kitchen, and Golden Rice Bowl.
Shoppers will find new measures in place to keep them safe:
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Limit on people per stall
- Additional space via wider market aisles and chalk guidelines for spacing
- Plenty of signage to remind everyone to physical distance
- Sampling is suspended
- Frequent cleaning of market equipment
Shoppers are also asked to adhere to recommendations from public health officials:
- Stay home if you are sick or exhibiting respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Please try to attend the market solo or send a single designated family shopper, if possible. This can make a really big impact on crowd reduction.
- Please leave the required six feet of room for other shoppers. If someone is shopping for an item you want to purchase, please be patient and wait or simply return later.
- Please try to wear at least a cloth mask during your period of shopping at the markets. Physical distancing is not always attainable during shopping activities and cloth masks would provide some preventative assurances during those lapses to both you and your fellow shoppers.
- When shopping at a popular farmer stand, look down to see if there are markers on the ground for spacing for people waiting to pay or shop.
- Please complete your shopping as expediently as possible. Lingering in the market for social exchange with others at this time must be discouraged.
- Please look for an shop with farmers who have pre-portioned and pre-priced amounts to expedite shopping.
Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. beginning June 18, 2020 6th Street & Capitol Mall
MEDIA: Logos and photos available here. More information at GoDowntownSac.com. Keep up with the latest Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market news by following Downtown Sac on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Produced by the Downtown Sacramento Partnership in collaboration with Certified Farmers’ Markets of Sacramento County, the Capitol Mall Farmers’ Market is sponsored by Kaiser Permanente with support from The Evergreen Company, Hines, 455 Capitol Mall, Bank of the West Tower, Brennan Properties, Rubicon Partners, and Shorenstein Realty Services.