Calling All Dreamers Finalists Announced
PUBLIC ASKED TO HELP SELECT TOP ENTREPRENEUR IN RETAIL COMPETITION FOR DOWNTOWN STOREFRONT
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (July 16, 2018) – Downtown Sacramento Foundation today announced the five business concepts selected to continue to the final phase of the 2018 Calling All Dreamers competition. Of the five finalists, one will be chosen to win a start-up prize package valued at more than $100,000 with special in-kind services and resources to help launch their small business dreams into reality in downtown Sacramento.
“The semi-finalist phase of Calling All Dreamers calls for extensive planning and research, but the next and final stage truly puts each entrepreneur to the test,” said Valerie Mamone, Business Development Senior Manager of Downtown Sacramento Partnership. “It takes more than a unique business concept to succeed in today’s market. The winner must be ready to tackle the challenges–big and small–associated with business ownership.”
The public is asked to join the Downtown Sacramento Foundation to choose the business they wish to see open a storefront in downtown Sacramento by voting online at www.CallingAllDreamers.org by 5 p.m. PST on Monday, Aug. 20, 2018.
The 2018 finalists vying to become downtown’s next signature retailer are:
- Blossom Bathhouse – Specializing in hand-crafted bath bombs, body butters, lotions, shower gels, hand-poured soy candles and body and facial scrubs featuring fresh, natural, local ingredients, Blossom Bathhouse embodies the farm-to-tub movement by recognizing that what goes on your body is just as important as what goes in it.
- Kindred Craft Collective – A creative workshop and curated goods space for people seeking, high-quality, handmade, local products and modern craft activities, Kindred Craft Collective is a retail storefront that supports a community of local artisans and makers of all levels and mediums.
- Moonshine & Co. – Enjoy a well-deserved moment of self-indulgence in a fun and warm environment at Moonshine & Co. nail bar where promoting superior customer service and well-being for every client is reinventing the Sacramento nail industry.
- Nasty Sauce – How can something nasty taste so good?! Nasty Sauce creates handcrafted, uniquely flavored sauces perfect for any BBQ. Each unforgettable batch is made in the heart of Sacramento with locally-sourced ingredients.
- NEO Escape Rooms – Experience an immersive, new form of reality entertainment that builds camaraderie and fully engages everyone’s creativity at NEO Escape Rooms, where players must work as a team to solve a series of puzzles before time runs out.
Learn more about each business concept, watch their video pitch and see complete prize package details at www.CallingAllDreamers.org.
Finalists will continue working with their Sacramento SCORE mentors to refine their business concepts and prepare for the final pitch to the selection committee composed of downtown property owners, prominent businesses and Downtown Sacramento Foundation board members. After the final pitch on Aug. 21, the committee will review each concept for viability, resources, operating practices, investment, public votes and more, with the winner announced shortly after.
The 2018 Calling All Dreamers competition is produced by Downtown Sacramento Partnership and made possible by the generous support of the following program sponsors: Kaiser Permanente, City of Sacramento, Wells Fargo, SMUD, Marquee Media and more.
The prize package is made possible with the support of sponsors who continue to be champions for the economic growth of the downtown core: Blanket Marketing Group, MeringCarson, Consolidated Communications, LJ2 Interiors, SMP Law Corp and more.
Join the conversation on social media using #CallingAllDreamers and #DowntownSac.
- Jordyn Anderson, [email protected]
- Valerie Mamone, [email protected]
About Downtown Sacramento Foundation
Established in 2011, Downtown Sacramento Foundation (DSF) is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 that supports programs that complement Downtown Sacramento Partnership priorities to improve the economic, physical, cultural and social environment in order to foster civic pride.
About Downtown Sacramento Partnership
Downtown Sacramento Partnership is a nonprofit, property-based improvement district (PBID) that serves as the collective voice for the 197 property owners and more than 5,000 businesses located within the 66-block urban core of Sacramento. Driven by the mission to build value downtown, Downtown Partnership is the principal advocate, champion and steward for those who work, live, visit and do business here. For more information, visit www.downtownsac.org + godowntownsac.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.