Holiday Window Display Contest
Put your holiday cheer on display in the Downtown Together Holiday Window Contest.
Downtown Sacramento Partnership invites you to join your downtown neighbors in making this holiday season merry and bright with a holiday themed window display that can earn you not just customer traffic and bragging rights, but up to $2,500 too! Plus we will reimburse you up to $250 towards your holiday decor. Simply inform us once your display is up (preferably by November 25) and we will deliver your reimbursement check.
Together, we can give Sacramentans the perfect backdrop for holiday merry-making, memories, and more Downtown. We want you to be part of downtown’s holiday attraction! Every business located in the Downtown Sacramento Partnership PBID boundaries is invited to take part by putting their creativity to the test and creating a holiday window masterpiece based on the theme “Together for the Holidays.”
Every business that enters will receive a sponsor decal that must be displayed in the corner of each window. This will tell our judges that your business is part of the Downtown Together Holiday Window Contest.
All participants will receive promotion in our blogs, social media and marketing efforts.
Together for the Holidays
Creations on display:
November 25, 2020 – January 1, 2021
You’re welcome to leave your display up longer if you’re not ready to let go of the holiday spirit!
The Judge’s Award – Presented based on overall creativity and connection to the “Together for the Holidays” theme by our local panel of celebrity judges. Judging for this award by our panel will take place between November 25th and December 14th.
The People’s Choice Award – Each display will be photographed and posted on the Downtown Sac Facebook page and website to . The display that gets the most likes, comments, shares, and votes by December 26th will win. So be sure to promote your display!
The two winning businesses will receive an advertising prize package valued at a minimum of $2,500 and $1,000 cash prize. Inclusive of a Fox40 segment and a Marquee Media digital billboard.
Winners will be announced on December 28, 2020.
The promotional judging period begins at 8 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, January 1, 2021 (the “Promotional Period”).
Judging will take place between November 25, 2020 and December 14, 2020 and People’s Choice voting will take place between November 25, 2020 and December 26, 2020. Winners will be announced December 28, 2020 so they can be promoted throughout the final week of the Promotional Period.
To be eligible to receive the prize businesses must:
- Be located within the Downtown Sacramento Partnership PBID boundaries found here
- The following individuals are NOT eligible to participate in the promotion: employees, officers, directors, immediate family members (spouse, significant other, parent, child, sibling or their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, or member of the same household, whether or not related) of Downtown Sacramento Partnership or tenant, contractor, service provider or other entity contracting with the Sponsor.
- Display should be family friendly.
- Refrain from showcasing any political messages.
- Decorated windows should be viewable from the sidewalk but must not obstruct the sidewalk and/or pedestrian right of way.
- Must provide the Downtown Sacramento Partnership with receipts of all purchases for the window display to receive up to $250 reimbursement.
- Eligible reimbursable expenses must be used in window display.
Please review the full terms and conditions here.
Please email questions to [email protected]