Concerts in the Park
Downtown Sacramento is a place where community, culture, and creativity collide. As the city’s longest-running outdoor music festival, Concerts in the Park (CIP) returns for its 26th season on May 5, 2017. The FREE summer music festival launches at Cesar Chavez Plaza every Friday night from 5 to 9 p.m. May 5 through July 21.
With close to 6,000 fans gathering in the heart of the city, Concerts in the Park is Sacramento’s largest happy hour featuring a Bud Light beer garden and a mix of hot food vendors and independent retailers. Roughly 500 bands have rocked the CIP stage over the past 26 years, showcasing local talent and nationally touring artists like Cake, Tesla, Deftones, The Brodys, and Blackalicous.
· Overall attendance: 64,200
· Average weekly attendance: 5,350
· 60% of the attendees were women and 40% of the attendees were men
· 32% between the ages of 21 and 34
· 25% between the ages of 34 and 44
· 21% between the ages of 45 and 54
· 60% of attendees attended multiple shows
· 31% of concertgoers work on the grid
Thank you to our 2017 Concerts in the Park sponsors: