Downtown Certified Farmers’ Markets
Certified Farmers’ Markets are open Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to offer chefs and shoppers locally-sourced fruits, vegetables, baked goods, flowers, herbs, and cheeses. The downtown markets offer shoppers a chance to come face-to-face with their food source, offering the freshest California-grown seasonal favorites from asparagus in the spring to apples in the fall.
Get ready to fill your stylish bags with farm-fresh produce and deliciously vibrant flower bouquets!
Chefs’ Priority Pickup: 9 – 10 AM, includes parking with easy access to Farmers.
Capitol Mall, 6th & Capitol
June 16 – September 29
More Info: 916-442-8575
Vendor Applications for 2021 are now closed.
Effective June 15, the Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market removed restrictions at the market while still prioritizing the health and safety of shoppers and vendors. This includes that, while not required, masks are still strongly encouraged. If you are fully vaccinated, you may choose to shop without a mask in accordance with CDC and state guidelines. Guests are encouraged to adhere to recommendations from public health officials, available here. Notable protocols and safety measures for shoppers include:
- If you are sick, or a member of your household is sick, please stay home.
- We encourage customers to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people, especially when in line.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available for shoppers and vendors.
- Frequent cleaning of market equipment.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to suspend our weekly walks for the remainder of the 2020 walking season. It was our hope that we could resume our weekly walks, but with cases of COVID-19 once again on the rise we feel cancelling the program will help protect the health of our walking club members and our community.
We are truly disappointed that we will not be able to join you each week on the Capitol Mall for our walks. We hope that you all continue walking for fitness on your own while maintaining social distance with those outside your household. Here are some tips to help keep you walking.
We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and will reassess our walking programs for our 2021 season from May through September. In the meantime, please do your part to protect yourself and others from the spread of this disease. The best way to protect yourself is by doing the same things you do to avoid getting any other virus — including the flu. These measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Put distance between yourself and other people outside your home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Be alert for symptoms, and take your temperature if symptoms develop.
Click here to learn more.