State of Downtown highlights: Sacramento Rising
Nearly 700 business and community leaders, attended the State of Downtown breakfast on February 10 at the Memorial Auditorium. During the event, DSP Executive Director Michael Ault, announced the launch of the annual Calling All Dreamers competition and DSP’s new website www.downtownsac.org.
The event’s keynote speaker was Mark Rowland, CEO of ROCeteer, a Downtown Project-backed company designed to infuse energy and insight into the development’s businesses and tech ventures. Rowland was also recently named CEO of DTP Ventures, a new division of Downtown Project created to operate the development’s solely owned entities including the Gold Spike, The Market, and the Downtown Container Park, VegasTech Fund and Small Business Fund.
During his speech, Rowland presented the Downtown Project’s founding philosophy that by accelerating collisions, co-learning and connectedness it will lead to happiness, luckiness, innovation and productivity. Instead of maximizing short-term ROI (Return on Investment), they measure success by long term ROC (Return on Community and Return on Collisions.)
View speakers’ presentations and download Mark Rowland’s presentation.
Follow the conversation regarding the event on Twitter #2015SOD
View media coverage from the event:
- New Time-lapse shows Sacramento on the Rise – Sactown Magazine
- Mayor: Arena is ground zero of economic renaissance – KCRA
- Downtown Sacramento ‘entering a new era,’ Mayor Kevin Johnson says – The Sacramento Bee
- Sacramento’s State of Downtown Breakfast – KFBK
- Railyard, K Street redesign at core of Downtown Sacramento Partnership message – Sacramento Business Journal