WE’RE HIRING: Digital Specialist
Position: Digital Communications Specialist
Reports to: Public Affairs & Communications Director
Function: This position is responsible for executing digital activities directed at key stakeholders, including but not limited to property owners, businesses, investors, consumers and influencers to build the Downtown Sacramento Partnership brand and grow awareness and interest in downtown Sacramento. Duties include developing digital content, managing online brand presence and growing Downtown Sac’s audience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Downtown Sac social media channels
- Primary: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat,
- Secondary: Pinterest, LinkedIn, and new channels as they are developed.
- Write and develop posts, tracking, and optimization of social content.
- Maintain consistent brand voice and tone.
- Manage community engagement.
- Actively define and manage editorial calendars.
- Execute marketing partner and sponsor deliverables.
- Produce graphics and dynamic images for social content.
- Budget, create, deploy and manage advertising complementary to marketing campaigns.
- Track and produce monthly trend monitoring and analytical reports.
- Coordinate and generate email campaigns in MailChimp, including content and creative development, growth and campaign evaluation.
- Regularly refine content on DowntownSac.org and GoDowntownSac.com websites to ensure up-to-date information that best serves downtown stakeholders and visitors.
- Actively define and manage editorial calendars for Downtown Sac blog and events.
- Coordinate digital influencer programs to support downtown activities, including Downtown Partnership events, public space activation, tours and more.
- Regularly analyze digital content and measure digital reach through regular reporting on trends and analytics.
- Develop design elements to support digital activities as well as special events, programs and projects as needed.
- Coordinate development of photo and video assets to support campaigns, promotional partners, and Downtown Partnership activities.
- Grow reach and engagement of digital channels.
- Stay abreast of emerging digital media trends, practices, mediums, and more.
- Assist marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
- Passion for Downtown Sacramento and small businesses.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong experience managing social media platforms, SEO/SEM, marketing database, and display advertising campaigns.
- Experience engaging with online communities and influencers.
- Graphic design and photography skills.
- Familiarity with Social Media monitoring programs, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or design.
- B.A./B.S. in Communications, Marketing, or related discipline (preferred)
To apply, submit cover letter and résumé to [email protected] by 5 p.m. on Nov. 4.