Concerts in the Park Announces 2018 Lineup
Sacramento’s favorite free weekly music festival kicks off 27th season on May 4
SACRAMENTO, CALIF. (April 5) – Downtown Sacramento Partnership announced the 2018 Concerts in the Park (CIP) lineup today, utilizing a new immersive augmented reality experience. The free weekly music festival returns to the heart of downtown Sacramento on Fridays, 5 to 9 p.m., from May 4 to July 27 (no concert July 6) at Cesar Chavez Plaza.
The highly anticipated 2018 roster of performers is packed with nationally acclaimed bands, including Franz Ferdinand, The Crystal Method and more, alongside an impressive mix of the region’s top musical talents and DJs. When taking a break from rocking out, concert-goers can take in live art exhibits, shop mobile boutiques and enjoy a wide array of food vendors and cold drinks at the Bud Light Bar.
“Concerts in the Park has grown to be one of Sacramento’s favorite places to rock the night away to some of the biggest names in music while also enjoying a true festival experience off stage,” said Sureena Johl, events manager of Downtown Sacramento Partnership. “We’re thrilled Concerts in the Park continues to attract internationally admired artists like Franz Ferdinand while staying true to our community and providing a stage for our hometown favorites.”
Tune in to Summer with the epic list of 2018 Concerts in the Park headliners:
- May 4: Kicking off the season, popular local band Cemetery Sun returns to headline for the second time in two years.
- May 11: Chico-based 5-piece pop-reggae fusion band Mystic Roots
- May 18: Franz Ferdinand, Grammy-nominated post-punk revival group, headlines.
- May 25: Reggae-rocker Mike Love takes the stage.
- June 1: Americana bluegrass band Dead Winter Carpenters
- June 8: Sacramento-based Peter Petty plays an infectious blend of swing, jazz and blues.
- June 15: Playing CIP for the fourth time, reggae-pop-rock group Elements of Soul
- June 22: Dance Gavin Dance, a Sacramento favorite, brings their genre-defying sound.
- June 29: Founder of Stones Throw Records and renowned Bay Area DJ, Peanut Butter Wolf, takes the stage.
- July 13: Recently in the national spotlight, Hobo Johnson & The Lovemakers make their headlining debut.
- July 20: The alt-rock duo Middle Class Rut attempts to surpass their record for second-highest CIP attendance.
- July 27: The season wraps with acclaimed electronic duo The Crystal Method.
With close to 76,000 fans gathering in the heart of the city during the 12-week series, Concerts in the Park is Sacramento’s largest, free outdoor music festival. More than 500 artists have rocked the CIP stage over the past 26 years, showcasing local talent and nationally touring artists like Cake, Tesla, Deftones, The Brodys, Blackalicous, Del the Funky Homosapien and more.
Full CIP Weekly Lineup: Bands and activities change weekly; check GoDowntownSac.com/CIP to learn more about the weekly lineups, food options and on-site activations.
May 4: Cemetery Sun
Wylma, La Noche Oskura, Robbie & Blue (HOF)
Bike Month presented by Kaiser Permanente
May 11: Mystic Roots
The Color Wild, Fate Under Fire,
One Sharp Mind, Kozee
May 18: Franz Ferdinand
I Am Strikes, Saint Solitaire, LIPSTICK! DJS
Backstage VIP package presented by Live Nation
May 25: Mike Love
Cas Haley, One Leg Chuck & The Hustle,
Wine Night presented by Bogle Vineyards
June 1: Dead Winter Carpenters
Manzanita, Jessica Malone, This Great State,
DJ Eddie Z
June 8: Peter Petty
Drop Dead Red, National Lines, DJ Elements
June 15: Elements of Soul
Our People, Jayson Angove,
Island Night presented by Kona Brewing Co.
June 22: Dance Gavin Dance
NERV, VERNO, Emo Night Sacramento
June 29: Peanut Butter Wolf
JMSEY, LaTour, Good Company
July 13: Hobo Johnson & The Lovemakers
The Gold Souls, Mino Yanci,
Something Heartfelt, benjam
July 20: Middle Class Rut
Black Map, Dark Signal, Blackheart
July 27: The Crystal Method
Write Or Die, Ryan Moe,
My Cousin Vinny / Mike Diamond
Join the conversation using #CIPSAC and #DowntownSac
Getting to CIP is easy:
- Park for a $5 flat rate at the City Hall garage located on 10th Street, between J and I streets, visit orgfor more options;
- Pedal and valet your bike in the SABA Bike Valet presented by Kaiser Permanente; or,
- Ride SacRT.
The 2018 Concerts in the Park series is produced by Downtown Sacramento Partnership and brought to you by Bud Light, Bogle Vineyards and Kaiser Permanente.
About Downtown Sacramento Partnership
Downtown Sacramento Partnership is a nonprofit, property-based improvement district (PBID) that serves as the collective voice for nearly 200 property owners and more than 400 businesses located within its 66-block boundaries in downtown Sacramento. Driven by the mission to build value downtown, the organization serves as the principal advocate, champion, and steward for those who work, live, visit, and do business in downtown. For more information, visit DowntownSac.org + GoDowntownSac.com.