2016 Calling All Dreamers grand prize start-up package revealed
Taking a business from a dream to reality is a complicated task, and the first year is usually the most difficult for small businesses. With that in mind, the Calling All Dreamers prize package has been specifically designed to provide the winner with the resources and tools needed to succeed. The Downtown Sacramento Foundation, with the generous support of our 2016 sponsors, will help the winning entrepreneur navigate the challenges of that first year in business.
The 2016 Business Start-up Prize Package is valued at over $100,000 and includes a $10,000 cash prize in matching funds and a suite of business support services:
- $10,000 in start-up capital (matching funds) to help get the doors open.
- up to six months free base-rent for a downtown storefront selected from several retail spaces within the Downtown District.
- up to $10,000 in labor and services from MarketOne Builders to make the new space a perfect fit.
- semi-finalists will be paired with a SCORE mentor – a seasoned business professional to provide guidance and help refine business strategies.
- website and dynamic digital presence from Blanket Marketing Group
- brand development from MeringCarson
- up to 25 hours of business and real estate-related transactional legal services from Smith, McDowell & Powell (SMP)
- point of sale hardware provided by POS Portal
- three-month advertising campaign in Inside Publications’ leading community-centric newspapers in the Sacramento area.
- consumer-focused media and public relations tactics from T-Rock Communications
- interior design consultation from LJ2 Interiors
- up to 15 hours of accounting consult related to financial and business operations from Brown, Fink, Boyce and Astle, LLP
- set of business cards and graphic flyers from TDogg Studios
Meet the Semi-Finalists competing for a chance to win this enviable start-up package.
Special thanks for the generous support of our 2016 Sponsors: