Keep your Property Safe during COVID-19
FIELD SERVICES TEAM
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR PROPERTY SECURE
If you close and/or vacate your business for an extended period of time, follow these important steps for crime prevention.
- Email us with contact information (email and phone) and trespass agent authorization form to be utilized in case of emergencies.
- Do not post an exterior sign to notify long term closures.
- If you post an exterior sign to notify customers you are closed, use this standard sign from the Sacramento Police Department. View here.
- Tape an interior-facing phone contact list at all entry and exits into your business to provide quick contacts for first responders. This should not be visible from the exterior. View here.
- Do not pull your shades to maintain clear sight lines for patrols.
- Empty cash drawers and clearly display facing windows to alert thieves there is no cash.
- Notify your alarm company of your extended absence and ensure they have accurate contact information for your business. If you receive an alarm call, do not cancel it.
- Check your business regularly – at least 1-2 times per week – to ensure that it is secure.
We urge everyone to be safe and adhere to the Sacramento County public health order. For further guidance on whether your business is essential, look at page 5 of the Public Health Order and FAQ to see if your business is listed as an essential business.