Grand Opening Assistance
We want you to have the grand opening of your dreams! Opening your own business requires so many moving parts, which can take away from planning a day to celebrate your new milestone. With our assistance, we can provide you the tools to host a successful grand opening, reach media outlets, advertise on social media and create a welcoming atmosphere for consumers.
During the planning process, here’s your to-do list:
- Gather a list of consumers, friends and family you would like to invite for your big day.
- Prepare to have light refreshments or samples of your product.
- Decide if you want music or other entertainment during the opening.
- Create a program list for grand opening day.
- Secure staff for the grand opening date you choose (it’s recommended to have your grand opening after a soft opening of your business. This will give you a practice run to iron out the kinks before your grand opening).
- Find and contact your local elected official (city and county).
Here’s how we’ll support you:
- Assist in setting up a Facebook event page to share on our platform.
- Create a media alert for you to send to media outlets.
- Provide sidewalk cleaning services a day before the event.
- Mention the grand opening event in our newsletters.
Grand Opening Assistance Guidelines:
- Your business must be opening in one of our six districts (view the map here).
- The grand opening date must be at least two weeks from when you submit your Grand Opening Assistance form.
- If you would like an appearance from DSP, the event must take place between Monday and Friday, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.