Vote for a local entrepreneur during National Small Business Week
National Small Business week is upon us and Downtown Sacramento is chalk full of entrepreneurs who are transforming our neighborhood into something great. These visionaries achieve incredible feats on a daily basis. For most of our small business owners, their idea of opening up their own shop started as a dream and they acted on that dream to make it a reality. These movers and shakers are building a community that surpasses the rest.
Here at DSP, we aim to foster Sacramento’s entrepreneurial spirit by finding the next generation of small business owners, or, as we like to call them – dreamers. Our Calling All Dreamer’s business competition is well underway. With 6 hopefuls remaining, we need your help in picking our winner. You can vote online at www.callingalldreamers.org through May 20 for your favorite concept.
Meet the finalists:
- FIGS & FETA: Figs & Feta Greek Bakery and Marketplace will be Sacramento’s premier Greek dessert and pastry shop. Offering a menu of traditional, authentic, and modern Greek pastries, Greek coffee, Athenian grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items, and basic Greek pantry items for purchase, it will be the first and only marketplace of its kind in the Sacramento area. Small batch baked goods will be made fresh daily onsite using locally sourced ingredients. figsandfeta.com
- FIT FACE: Fit Face makes high-performance, no gimmick, and health-conscious skin care products for men. They’ve developed their formulas specifically for the guy who is consistently getting hid heartbeat up, outdoors, eating well and is conscious about overall health. That’s their focus because that’s who they are. fitfaceskin.com
- KARMA TO GO: Karma to Go is unlike any otherfood retailer in the area. They offer plant-based meals that are “Take N Bake” style as well as “Grab and Go meals” for a quick bite to eat. They use locally sourced and organic produce and ingredients while creating tasty vegan meals for busy folks. Karma to Go will contribute a percent of its profits directly to organizations that service the downtown community. Karma To Go – Eat Good, Feel Good, Do Good.
- PERSU COLLECTION STUDIO: The Persu Collection Studio will be a one-of-a-kind high-end boutique that features Persu products and innovative fitness and fashion products to support new up-and-coming designers. More than just a retail store, the Persu Collection Studio will also be used for e-commerce business and will host fitness classes to support and grow Sacramento’s fitness community. persucollection.com
- SPICE STATION SACRAMENTO: The Sacramento Spice Station will offer a curated selection of spices, teas, proprietary spice blends and other dried foodstuffs from around the world. You’ll find commonplace spices as well as obscure, hard-to-find ingredients. Spices will be sold whole or freshly ground in-house, making the shop a veritable candy store for foodies.
- THE WORKSPACE: FASHION INCUBATOR: The Workspace is a membership-based, multi-faceted fashion industry hub designed to unite the local fashion community by integrating a professional level designer workspace with a designer retail showroom.