Community Development Dept Seeks Opinion
How is the Community Development Department doing? Community Development wants its services delivered at the highest standard of excellence. Please take a few minutes to take a survey here.
Feedback is extremely important to the department and the information will be used to make the necessary improvements to the department’s service.
The survey, in its fourth year, has been an important strategy for the department to assess its performance and adjust according to customer preference. Over the past few years, the survey results have prompted several changes improve customer satisfaction.
The Community Development Department has:
- Opened up their hours to be available at the counter during lunch
- Implemented online inspection scheduling
- Implemented online building permitting
- Expanded and improved the Electronic Plan Check Program to include residential and commercial projects
- Implemented courtesy building permit and application expiration email notifications
- Revised plan-check and processing timelines
- Developed site plan and design review exemptions
- Revised our zoning ordinance
- Expanded our expedited plan review program
- Expanded our over-the-counter plan review program
- Committed to 90 percent compliance with plan-check target dates, with a phone call to the customer if we may be late
Your participation in completing the Community Development Department survey is greatly appreciated. This survey should take no more than five minutes. The survey ends on Saturday, August 15. The department expects to publish results in late September.